IT Support Specialist
JOB TITLE: IT Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Service Delivery
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
Advanced Network Solutions is looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist for our Nashville office. The IT Support Specialist performs initial triage and attempts resolution of incidents reported to the Service Desk. Responsible for managing most of our client interactions every day, the IT Support Specialist has a large impact on the image and reputation of our company. IT Support Specialists are proven technical professionals, able to provide exemplary service in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal IT Support Specialist candidate will provide superior service and root cause resolutions for our clients. IT Support Specialists receive and handle requests for support, respond in a timely manner, and promptly escalate any unresolved requests as appropriate. In addition, IT Support Specialists produce detailed documentation and advise relevant persons of actions taken.
The candidate must have the ability to work well as part of a team and possess superior communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. He or she will also be a self-starter with the ability to find his or her own solutions to problems and understand the inter-dependencies between applications and systems.
An overall understanding of quality client service, experience working in a diverse team environment, strong business acumen and the instinct to think and act strategically are essential for success within our organization.
- Effectively manages, organizes, and prioritizes work in an fast paced environment
- Excellent people skills, including good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Able to assess, negotiate and resolve questions and problems
- Able to view incidents and problems from the customer perspective
- Able to recognize impact and prevent occurrences of lost opportunity costs to the firm for extended delays in incident resolution
- Has a service attitude with the ability to assess individual circumstances
- Skilled at managing and meeting end user expectations
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years experience in technical support with strong technical troubleshooting and problem diagnosis skills
- Industry Certifications, such as ITIL, Network+, A+, Security+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTP), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), VMware Certified Associate (VCA), and/or Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating System deployment, configuration, and administration
- Windows Server technologies (Exchange, Terminal Server, Active Directory, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and configuration
- Virtualization troubleshooting and support (VMware preferred), including SAN experience
- Firewall/VPN troubleshooting (Fortigate a plus)
- Working experience with network configuration and troubleshooting including but not limited to DHCP, LAN, WAN, DNS, IP routing
- IP Telephony knowledge is an asset (Cisco, ShoreTel)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise software/hardware
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of the ability to perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed, may require walking primarily on a level surface, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Advanced Network Solutions is committed to the success of our team members and our clients. We encourage and celebrate the growth of everyone in our organization, professionally and personally. Combining years of experience and more than 125 industry certifications company-wide, we take pride in providing cutting edge support of the systems and technologies integral to our clients’ operations. We embrace creativity, respect different points of view, and welcome new ideas.
About Advanced Network Solutions
Founded in 1997, Advanced Network Solutions recognized a growing need for affordably priced, outsourced IT Services in the Middle Tennessee market. Since its inception ANS has impacted the greater IT industry of Middle Tennessee and surrounding states by becoming a trusted partner allowing our clients to mitigate costs; both operational and capital expenses through outsourcing their IT support to ANS.
ANS has been named five times to the Nashville Music City Future 50 awards, the Nashville Business Journal’s Best in Businesses, NBJ’s Nashville’s Best Places to Work, twice to INC’s top 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in addition to many individual leadership awards giving recognition to ANS’ dedicated leadership team.