|SaaS: An Overview|
The growing reach and power of the internet has changed the way people do business, with more and more web-based services popping up. One of these is SaaS.
SaaS stands for Software as a Service, which refers to any licensed software being “rented” to a company by another company on an as-needed basis.
|Manage and Collect Data Better with FormSpring|
For businesses of all types and size, managing data online is critical to the smooth operation of a website. However, incorporating data collection programs can be time consuming, especially if any of your data is “time bound” – meaning it’s only valid and useful during a specific period of time.
Here’s a solution. FormSpring provides free and paid website data collection services that eliminate the need for additional programming or the purchase of additional software.
|How to handle Suspicious E-mail|
Phishing, pronounced “fishing,” is a type of online identity theft that uses e-mail and fraudulent Web sites that are designed to steal your personal data or information such as credit card numbers, passwords, account data, or other information. Follow these guidelines to help protect yourself from phishing scams sent through e-mail.
|Understanding the Value of Managed Services|
Most small and medium businesses can’t afford the luxury of a qualified IT administrator, let alone an entire IT department. If you’re in this position, how do you maintain the information technology infrastructure that’s critical to your organization?
One option is Managed Services, in which you outsource this role to an IT expert called a “managed services provider,” which will typically offer on-site or remote network and security monitoring, data backup and technical support.
Because the Managed Services model allow a business to focus on its core competencies, it is increasing in popularity—but sometimes it’s hard to separate the real benefit from the hype.
What’s the value to you?
- Peace of mind. Your managed services provider will monitor your IT infrastructure and prevent or resolve any problems—a sharp diversion from the traditional “fix it when it breaks” model of IT management.
- Simplicity. Your managed services provider will provide many of its services remotely, via the Internet, instead of through on-site visits. This reduces time and cost.
- Constant support. You don’t have to worry about support; your managed services provider will offer the assistance you need, when you need it.
- Affordability. Managed services providers typically offer several price structures, including a per-month fee—which is much lower than the cost of building an in-house IT support department.
- Accountability. Have you ever tried to resolve an IT problem only to find that one vendor blames it on another who blames it on another? With managed services, you don’t have to go to multiple vendors to figure out why your network is down or you’ve experienced a security breach. You’ll have one point of contact: your managed services provider.
Want to learn more about how Managed Services can give you dependable IT with predictable costs? Give us a call.
Inside Advanced Network Solutions - Meet Dawn Jones
According to Dawn Jones, she is the "President and CEO of Accounting".
Actual Job Title: Account / Office Manager
Let's get to know Dawn better...
Dawn, when did you start working for Advanced Network Solutions?
Mar 1, 2006
What is your favorite thing about working at Advanced Network Solutions?
The atmosphere is easy-going and the people are great.
Dawn, please tell us one interesting thing about yourself?
We went to the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
Dawn, what is your version of the perfect PTO day?
I would love to sleep until 8:30am then go to the beach for the day and finding a ton of my favorite sea shells.
Dawn, please describe one thing you miss about being a kid.
I miss being able to sleep late and not having to work. I also miss all the snow we had when I was a child and Christmas at my Grandmother’s house in Ohio.
Dawn, please name 1 thing you love about being an adult.
I love being able to eat popcorn for dinner, not having to be in school and bossing my kids around.
Finally, please name your favorite piece of technology you would like to own or do own?
I would like to own a Flip video camera! They are pocket size and so simple to use.
Thank you so much Dawn for your time and keep up the great work!
If you would like to own a Flip video camera, we raffle them off as door prizes at the technology conference and other events we attend.
Check out our twitter to see where Advanced Network Solutions will be next!
“All Inclusive” Managed Service Contracts and Support
At Advanced Network Solutions, our “all inclusive” managed support services deliver outstanding value and put you in control of your IT budget. Our plans offer enterprise-level maintenance and management services affordably tailored to your business needs with predictable, fixed monthly fees.
Contact us for details.
Connect with ANS!
Click on the social media icons below and stay connected with us across the web and throughout your day.