DEPARTMENT: Client Services
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) leverages technical, operational and business expertise to maintain and grow client relationships while achieving customer satisfaction ratings the meet or exceed company goals. Reporting to the VP of Client Services, the TAM is responsible for managing the daily tactical operations of assigned client accounts and partner with company resources to develop long-range client strategy that retains existing business while pursuing profitable growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads all aspects of the client account management process, calling upon others to assist in tactical service delivery, solution development and proposal creation, as needed or as directed by management.
- Proactively manages client satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems and monitoring satisfaction.
- Manages assigned clients’ transition from the Sales to Client Services during client activation/onboarding.
- Develops account plans for all directly-assigned clients by leading a joint company/client planning process that identifies relevant client needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
- Strategically targets client-aligned growth opportunities for company products and services.
- A record of achievement as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, Account Executive, Senior Engineer, Technical Account Manager or Technical Client Support position
- Broad knowledge or experience in: Communication Processes, Internal Communications, Process Improvement, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Fostering Teamwork, Building Relationships, Budgeting, Customer Focus, Reporting Skills, Thoroughness, Organization, Attention to Detail, Research Skills, Problem Solving, Quality Focus, Desktop Publishing Skills
- General knowledge of: Networking Infrastructure and design; Microsoft Server Technologies: Server, Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, Terminal Server, Group Policy; VoIP phone systems; major firewall, switch and router vendors and features, core business applications.
- Experience in: Strategy and Planning, Customer Success, Account Management, Technical Sales
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Meets assigned expectation for quality assurance monitoring and business development
- Establishes and executes strategic plans in all assigned accounts
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Managing Customer Focus – Manages execution of customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Develops and presents new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Business Ethics – Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Strategic Thinking – Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes client business to align company services with need. Develops strategies to achieve goals for assigned client account base. Identifies external threats and opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced Network Solutions is committed to the success of our team members and our clients. We encourage and celebrate the growth of everyone in our organization, professionally and personally. Combining years of experience and more than 250 industry certifications company-wide, we take pride in providing cutting edge support of the systems and technologies integral to our clients’ operations. We embrace creativity, respect different points of view, and welcome new ideas.
About Advanced Network Solutions
Founded in 1997, Advanced Network Solutions recognized a growing need for affordably priced, outsourced IT Services in the Middle Tennessee market. Since its inception ANS has impacted the greater IT industry of Middle Tennessee and surrounding states by becoming a trusted partner allowing our clients to mitigate costs; both operational and capital expenses through outsourcing their IT support to ANS.
ANS has been named five times to the Nashville Music City Future 50 awards, the Nashville Business Journal’s Best in Businesses, NBJ’s Nashville’s Best Places to Work, twice to INC’s top 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in addition to many individual leadership awards giving recognition to ANS’ dedicated leadership team.